Search This Blog

Monday, November 23, 2015

Sweet, Sweet Potatoes

Last week I was craving, yes, craving sweet potatoes which as a rule I don't even like!  I usually take just a small bite at Thanksgiving if it's covered with marshmallows.  However, something struck my taste buds and so I began a search for a recipe.  I actually didn't have one.

My first on-line resource for recipes is allrecipes.com.  And, true to my expectations, I found one.  Deena's Sweet Potato Dish was fabulous!  I tweaked a few things and share my version below. 

1 large can (40 oz.) Bruce's Yams (about 3 C cooked)
1/2 C sugar
1/3 C half'n'half
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract

12 large marshmallows, cut in half

1/3 C butter, melted
1 C brown sugar
1 C chopped pecans (chop them first and then measure)
1/2 C flour

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray a 9x9" square pan with cooking spray.
Beat the yams with the sugar, half'n'half, eggs and vanilla.  Spread in the greased pan.
Cover with a layer of cut marshmallows.
Mix the last four ingredients together and sprinkle over the marshmallows.
Bake for about 30 minutes until bubbly.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment