Monday, October 29, 2012

Gotta Love the Crock Pot!

Tonight's dinner is already cooking away in my trusty crock pot.  I use a large, six and a half or seven quart pot for my family, but any size will do as long as it holds your meat.  When I bought pork in bulk on my shopping day, I divided it into two meals.  One became the Hawaiian Pork Roast, recipe on another post, and tonight we will be having pulled pork sandwiches. 

Simply rinse your pork roast and place in the crock pot.  Cover with your favorite BBQ sauce (ours is currently Lucille's) and let it cook for 8-10 hours.  Using two forks, pull apart the roast.  Serve on French rolls with a side of salad, and maybe even some Sun Chips for crunch.  Enjoy!

To enjoy tonight - prepare as directed.

To enjoy later - freeze the leftovers for another night when you need a quick meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment