Thursday, November 1, 2012

Birthday Dinner and Mashed Potatoes

For a birthday celebration meal I usually take a detour from my monthly menu.  Tonight's menu features the favorites of the birthday boy:

Mesquite seasoned Tri-tip (simply drizzle oil on meat and generously sprinkle with purchased seasoning.  Allow to marinate for 30 minutes to several hours before baking.)
The best mashed potatoes ever!
"good" gravy - hmmm.  (I am trying a new idea tonight.)
green beans (canned of course!)
garlic bread (We love "Johnny's" seasoning added to butter and broiled)
and Creme Brulee for dessert

I thought I'd share the potatoe recipe with you.  It's new to me and with a personal tweak, definitely a keeper!

4 lbs. potatoes, cleaned and quartered  (I keep the skins on.)
1 C heavy whipping cream
1/2 C fat-free milk
1/4 butter, softened
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper


Optional items:
3 green onions, chopped
3/4 C grated Parmesan cheese

Place potatoes in a large pot of boiling water and cook until easily pierced by fork.
Drain potatoes and return to pan.  Warm the cream and milk in the microwave and pour over potatoes along with butter, salt and pepper.  Mash by hand tool or whip with a hand-mixer until nearly smooth.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment