Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Triple Chocolate Mess, the One Pot Birthday Cake

Years ago someone shared this recipe with me.  At first it sounded a bit odd, but I was intrigued as it used my favorite kitchen appliance, the crock-pot.  I chose a special event with a large group of people to test this new recipe, and it was a hit.

Last weekend, it was the birthday cake for my son, and once again, much loved by the guests.  Even the "cake-haters" liked it!   But beware the candles as they melt from the bottom when placed in the hot cake.  :)

1 chocolate fudge cake mix, dry
8 oz. or 1 C sour cream
1 - 3oz. package chocolate pudding, dry
3/4 C oil
4 eggs
1 1/2 C water
1 small bag chocolate chips (about 1 cup)

Spray the crock-pot with non-stick spray.  Mix all the ingredients together in a separate bowl and pour into the crock-pot.  Cook on low for about 6 hours.  Serve by the scoop and add your favorite ice cream.  Yum, delicious!



My new crock-pot is 6 1/2 quarts.  I doubled the recipe and it fit perfectly in the crock.

No comments:

Post a Comment