Saturday, December 21, 2013

Unexpected Sabbatical

I have written the best blogs this week and several over the weeks before.  However, they are locked in my head and have obviously not made it to my blog.  I am anxiously awaiting the day when I can think something and it will appear in written form wherever I say.  Do you find that you do your best writing on the freeway or while running errands?  I sure do.  Unfortunately, that's where they stay. 

While my time has been eaten up with family needs, I have been so very grateful for the freezer full of meals that I prepared in late November.

We are now down to the last few meals, but with Christmas around the corner and leftovers ahead, I chose not to prepare more meals yet.  Sometime between Christmas Day  and New Year's Day I will prepare another month of meals.  Until then, I purchased a few entrees from Costco that we've been wanting to try, and we are eating lots of leftovers and holding regular cafeteria nights where everyone eats something different.  So far, so good.  I think we'll make it!

One night this week we were blessed by a friend who'd received a large meal as a gift and chose to come share it with us.  Tonight, it will be Costco's Macaroni and Cheese which has come highly recommended.  We are looking forward to the family taste test!


No comments:

Post a Comment