Monday, August 26, 2013

Crock-Pot #3 and Quick Shredded Chicken

I think I've written about some of my escapades with crock-pots, and so it continues today with the opening of yet one more box with a brand new appliance.  The first crock cracked, the second was returned when the lid shattered over a whole chicken roasting in the pot, and now a third graces the shelf in my pantry.


My sister asked if I'd considered another brand after all those stories, but it's so easy to return items at Costco that I just keep buying what they carry in store.  I have a revolving $42 on my credit card.  All that it's cost me is a bit of time, but I usually make the returns during a regular shopping trip.  So here I go, with #3 and hope that it will last through several seasons of cooking in my kitchen.

So I put it to work with a super easy chicken recipe.  Put 4-6 frozen chicken breasts into the crock and generously sprinkle with Taco Seasoning.  Turn the pot on low for about 7-8 hours.  Shred the chicken using two forks.  You should find that the juices and water from freezing will make just the right amount of sauce/juice.



No comments:

Post a Comment