Wednesday, October 16, 2013

End-of-the-Month Redo

It's hard to believe that another month of menus has gone by!  Also, a little sad to think that the food is nearly gone, and I'll have to cook again.  I have done a lot of skipping around on this month of meals to accommodate changes in schedules and such.  I also found some meat on a great sale, and then the Orange Chicken was on sale at Costco.   I started to write them in at the end of the calendar.  However,  I am finding the menu calendar very cluttered.  In fact, before grocery shopping this week, I had to order the meals so I'd know when to cook what, but it was still hard to read.  Now that I've written this list, I'll simply print it out and put it on the cupboard door.  Do you get the picture that a menu is fluid?  This half hour of researching the freezer and typing has just bought me three more weeks of meals!  Hurrah!

1-W      Italian Sausage Pizza and spinach salad
2-Th     Overnight Salad, cornbread muffins
3-F       Tortellini with white sauce, garlic bread
4-Sa      Family Party - bring Hawaiian Pork Roast 
5-S        Baked Potato Bar (Potluck gathering)
6-M      Joe's to Go, steamed veggies  AND Meatball Sandwiches  
7-T       Chicken Divan (make fresh), biscuits and broccoli 
8-W      Peanut Butter Chicken, rice, creamed corn
9-Th     Porkchops (need to choose a recipe)
10-F     Rigatoni with Spinach sauce
11-Sa   Broccoli Soup and fresh baked bread
12-S     Lasagna, garlic bread, salad (Potluck gathering) 
13-M    LEFTOVERS
14-T     Orange Chicken and Rice
15-W    Porkchops -
16-Th   Halloween! Spaghetti (just like my mom used to serve on Halloween)
17-F     Birthday dinner - Tri Tip roast
18-Sa   Backribs
19-S     Potluck - Choose theme


No comments:

Post a Comment