Friday, November 22, 2013

Peanut Butter Chicken on the Grill


The recipe title Peanut Butter Chicken intrigued me as did the list of ingredients.  What a unique combination of flavors and one I'd certainly never put together, really quite delicious.
 
I've tried it all sorts of ways, but my favorite is grilled on the bar-b-que.
 
In a small saucepan combine the following ingredients:
1/2 C creamy peanut butter
1/2 C water
1/4 C soy sauce
2 tsp. minced garlic
3 T lemon juice
2 T brown sugar
3/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
 
Cook and stir over medium to high heat for 5 minutes or until smooth.  Set half of the sauce aside.
 
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
 
Option #1:
Slice chicken into strips about 1" wide and as long as the breast.  Place onto skewers which have been soaked in water for at least 20 minutes.
 
Option #2:
Leave breasts whole.
 
Brush chicken with sauce often while grilling.  Skewers will take 4-6 minutes to cook.  Whole breasts, of course, will take longer.
 
Serve chicken with reserved sauce and sprinkled with sliced green onion tops (optional).  However, no onions in my family.  :(
 
 
Something to consider:  This is one recipe I wish I'd never had my kids help me prepare.  The ingredients have scared a few away from eating it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment