Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cafeteria Night aka Clean out the Fridge aka Leftovers

At least once a month, depending on the size of your family and the quantity of food in your meals, you'll need a night to serve up the leftovers.  My mom always called it Cafeteria Night which gave the meal the aura of choice.  I usually incorporate one Leftover Night on my monthly menu although it may shift depending our calendar and the meals served.

However, with college-aged kids that come and go at unusual hours, I have taken the liberty of assigning leftovers to each individual.  Long ago, at a scrapbooking convention, I purchased cardboard letters corresponding to the first name of each of my children.  In hindsight, I am so glad we chose names that do not share the same first letter.   So, I simply put out the container and place their letter on it.  Or maybe it will be a stack of smaller containers to make a meal.  You'll see that I've also labeled the broccoli since I'll be out when they come home tonight.  It's a system that works
and no, my kids do not take each others meals.  :)




For tonight's version, each person is getting a different main entree, but all are getting fresh, steamed broccoli spears, and Banana Cake which used the browning bananas on my counter, for dessert.  I'll post Lyla's cake recipe soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment