Monday, December 3, 2012

Simply Pasta

Over the weekend a tub of cooked pasta appeared in our fridge.  Apparently one of my daughters had brought it home from an event she attended.  The surprise was that she had not taken it to the event, but was blessed to bring it home because "surely her family would eat it!"  The giver was right!

What a huge blessing that pasta was tonight!  As I looked over my schedule today, I realized that it was jam packed with back-to-back appointments and no margin for error or tardiness.  With this in mind, I looked at my monthly menu and that tub of pasta in the fridge and decided that we'd have pasta tonight. 

I opened the freezer and pulled out a 3-cup container of pasta sause (see blog for Versatile Red Sauce) and a package of Italian Sausage, grabbed the pocket bread (Chia pockets from Costco) from the bread basket and set it all on the counter to defrost.  When my last meeting ended about 5:00 p.m. I was ready to go.  I quickly removed the sausage from its casings and put it in a frying pan to cook like ground beef, warmed the Red Sauce in another pan, and put the tub of pasta in the microwave to start warming.  While this was going on, I spread the pocket bread with my favorite garlic bread spread (see blog) and put under the broiler for 3 minutes.  Next, I washed some spinach for a salad and suddenly dinner was ready!  It was tasty, colorful, and fast, homemade meal for my family who was off to the next event of the day as soon as the food was gone.

I am so glad to have had those items in my freezer for such a day as this!


No comments:

Post a Comment