Monday, March 18, 2013

Beef Tenderloin with Bacon and Mushrooms

I like to give my young-adult children a small token or treat for the holidays throughout the year.  Some are easier to buy for than others, and sometimes I have to be very creative.  Such was the case this February as Valentine's Day approached.  The girls were easy, but my boys stumped me.   So, I bought them Filet Mignon which I'd found on sale.  My "carnivores" were very happy to receive such a gift!

Here's what I did:
Slice several mushrooms and saute them in butter over low heat.  Add a handful of crumbled bacon or cut-up sliced bacon both of which are pre-cooked.  Add the beef and cook slowly until desired doneness.  Serve meat topped with bacon and mushrooms. 

For sides, I served their favorite mashed potatoes (see blog) and steamed broccoli.


No comments:

Post a Comment