Monday, March 4, 2013

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza

When my youngest son was in first grade he had to write about his favorite meal.  The teacher came to me because she was a little worried about the "blue chicken and green rice."  What in the world were those?  After a chuckle, I informed her that blue chicken was really Chicken Cordon Bleu and green rice was an herbed rice dish.  To this day, "Blue Chicken" is his favorite entree. 

Naturally, when I saw this recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza in a cooking magazine I had to give it a try.   Since, then it's become a favorite at our house.  It's a nice twist on the staple of pizza and was recently a hit with high school boys visiting at our house.  As usual, I've tweaked a few things.  (The original recipe called for Swiss Cheese which is a nice twist, but not something I regularly have on hand.) 

Pizza crust (see my blog for my favorite scratch recipe)

  • Alfredo sauce (I use bottled, Ragu, to be specific)
  • chicken nuggets, diced
  • deli sliced ham, diced
  • mozzerella cheese, shredded

Spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray.  Roll out the pizza dough to fit the pan.  Spread Alfredo sauce over crust.  Generously sprinkle with cheese.  Put chicken and ham over the cheese.  Bake at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.











I like to make a crust with 1 1/2 recipes of dough and spread it in a jelly roll pan.  It takes about 3/4 C of sauce, 1 lb. of ham and 12-15 chicken nuggets for this size.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment