Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Not Quite Bare, but Getting There

Last week I opened the freezer and noticed how empty it was looking.  Hmm.  I knew I needed to plan a cooking day to refill it.  However, I didn't have a day available in the coming week.  I did find one in the following week which I wrote on the calendar.

Next step was to print a blank calendar from my Once-a-Month Excel file.  I took this to the kitchen and opened the freezer.  I wrote the meals that were still in the freezer on the empty calendar.  Then, I took a look at the pantry to see what meals I could add to the menu.  I was able to complete an entire week of meals. 

We are working our way through those meals and in the meantime I am preparing a new menu calendar and shopping list for my cooking day later this week.   Use such an opportunity to really refine a menu collection by deleting those less-liked meals and inserting a new recipe to try. 

Sure signs of needing to restock:
  • a nearly empty freezer
  • the drawer of freezer containers is too full
  • we are eating leftovers more than fresh meals
 


No comments:

Post a Comment