Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Crunch Won the Battle, and it was Worth it!

I purposely didn't buy them.  I shouldn't have made them.  But they are so good and so addiciting. I am sitting here eating them and wishing I hadn't been creative.  Ugh!

And just what did I make?  Tortilla strips.  The Taco Salad would have been just fine without them.  It would have been lower in calories and fat, but maybe, just maybe, missing a bit of crunch and certainly a bit of plate appeal.  That's when I caved. 



Heat a small puddle of oil in a frying pan over medium to high heat watching it carefully so that is doesn't burn.

Slice 4 corn tortillas into 1/4-inch-ish strips.  Cut the longer strips in half horizontally.  Toss into the frying pan and stir frequently with a spatula until lightly browned and crispy.  Turn onto a paper towel.  Salt (I used garlic salt for fun or try another flavored salt) and cool.  Sprinkle on top of individual servings of Taco Salad and enjoy some tasty crunch!  mmmmm!

My favorite recipe is "Leftovers Become a Fabulous Taco Salad" on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment