Saturday, June 22, 2013

Dinner was a Flop

I know I've written about trying new recipes in between months of menus or even adding a few to my rotations.  Last week as I was weeding through a stack of magazines, I came across a recipe for Asian Pork and Noodles.  I read through the recipe and decided to change how I'd prepare one of the pork roasts in the freezer.  I only needed a couple of different ingredients.

It smelled delicious cooking away in the crock-pot all day!  I even bought Asian rice noodles and prepared them according to the package instructions.  Now it was tasting time.  My family was split 50-50, but my friend's son loved it!  I won't likely make it again, but I'll still share the recipe as the flavor was good.

Asian Pork Roast

2 1/2 lbs. pork roast

1/3 C Hosin sauce
2 T soy sauce
2 T corn starch
2 T fresh ground ginger
2 cloves garlic, chopped or 1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. sesame oil
1/4 tsp. ground cloves

1 8.8 oz. pachage udon or soba noodles
1 lb. broccoli florets
2 T rice vinegar

Wash the roast and place in a 4-6qt. crock-pot.  Combine next 7 ingredients with 3/4 C water.  Cover the roast completely with sauce.  Cover and cook for 7-8 hours on low.

Prepare the noodles adding the broccoli during the last two minutes of cooking.

Shred the meat and add the vinegar mixing well.  Serve over the noodles with the broccoli.


Someone thought it was good!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment