Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Saved by Frozen Cookie Dough

Once again I had an unexpected houseful of teenage boys.  They had just finished playing basketball and came to cool-off in the pool before crashing on the sofa for some video gaming.  Hungry?  You bet!

Just the day before I had need of baking a few dozen cookies which is about half of my regular chocolate chip cookie dough recipe.  I hemmed and hawed trying to decide if I should make a whole batch or a half batch finally choosing to make a full batch and freeze a portion.  I am so glad that I did!  When those boys came over, I turned on the oven, and pulled out the bag of frozen cookie dough balls.  I had only to place the balls on a cookie sheet and bake them.  I don't think they ever fully cooled before every cookie had been eaten.


How-to?  Mix up a batch of your favorite cookie dough.  Line a jelly roll pan with waxed or parchment paper.  Put balls of dough close together on the pan using a #30 or 1oz. scoop.  Place in freezer until frozen.  Put all the balls of dough into a Ziploc-style bag or other container and use as needed.  Bake at 350 degrees F for about 12 minutes.

Try my Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies also (April 2013).

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment