Monday, January 6, 2014

Black Bean "Burger" Burritos

Sometime ago, one of my daughters discovered a delicious recipe for quesadillas on the back of the box of Spicy Black Bean Burger patties.  They were delicious!  In fact, I liked them so much I wanted to make a second batch, but was short on time, so I rolled the filling inside tortillas and baked them as burritos.  They were much enjoyed by my family.  In fact, I didn't even get any of the leftovers!

Tonight, they were our main course served with condiments and a Mexican Caesar Salad.  I made them fresh, having only frozen the patties when they were purchased.

Here's my tweaked version of the MorningStar recipe.  You can find the original on their website.

Mix together:
8 burger patties, warmed enough to crumble.
4 tsp. salt-free Southwest or Mexican seasoning (try Mrs. Dash)
3 C shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 1/2 C salsa

 Place a scoop on the tortilla and roll up tightly.

 Brush the tortillas lightly with softened or melted butter.  Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until cheese melts.
Yield: 17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment