Thursday, January 2, 2014

January Menu

I've done very little cooking outside of the holiday meals enjoying all of the leftovers, but the freezer is getting mighty empty and the plastic container drawer mighty full.  Both are signals that it's time for another round of once-a-month cooking.  I'll be in Honduras for part of the month and so created a list of foods that are easy for my family to prepare while I am gone.  For the next few days I'll be preparing meals fresh until I can shop and cook early next week.

Here's our list for the month, designated by the date:


2 - Shredded Pork Sandwiches

3 - Macaroni and Cheese

4 - Chicken with gravy and stuffing

5 - OUT - Birthday Dinner (Bring dessert for lunch)

6 - Black Bean Burritos

7 - Korv with scalloped potatoes

8 - Chicken Strips Parmesan

9 - Taco Salad/Tacos

10 - LEFTOVERS

11 - Corndog Casserole

12 - Bacon and Cheese Quiche

13 - Chili Dogs

14 - Orange Chicken and Rice

15 - Chicken Pattie Sandwiches

16 - Cheese Tortellini w/ Alfredo sauce

17 - BUY pizza

18 - Taquitos

19 - LEFTOVERS

20 - Hamburgers

21 - Manicotti, garlic bread

22 - Pupusas and Red Beans

23 - Patty Melts

24 - Ravioli

25 - DESSERT (Death by Chocolate), Potato Corn Chowder for dinner

26 - Chicken Pot Pies (Potluck lunch)

27 - Impossible Taco Pie

28 - Taco filled Pasta Shells
 
I made a few notes to my self in parentheses so that I am reminded of calendared events in my planning.  A copy of the list is now posted in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment