Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Dinner

Today began a fresh, new year.  It is a clean slate waiting to be written upon and many will make resolutions going forward.  One of my goals is to return to regularly writing my blog and so I am starting today.

Each New Year's Day we get up early to walk along the floats at the Rose Parade.  Today, I put a roast in the crock-pot before we left at 5:25AM.  I made my favorite recipe, Mrs. Ringle's Brisket (see blog).


Tonight we sat down to a perfect roast, potatoes and carrots.  I also made a fresh batch of mashed potatoes so my boys would have lots of leftovers.

About two hours before dinner time, I added chunks of carrots and potatoes to the crock-pot and let them all cook on low.  An hour later, I removed the roast to a serving platter and covered it well with foil to set and to stay warm.  Then I turned the crock-pot up to high to finish cooking the veggies.

I served the roast with au jus rather than gravy, and it was delicious!
Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment