Thursday, January 24, 2013

Back from Honduras and Back into Life

Coming home from any time away requires a period of adjustment.  One article I read suggested not even unpacking your suitcases for a week.  I thought that was a bit excessive, but did give myself an entire day off, including dinner before slowly resuming my busy life.  One thing that helped immensely was my once-a-month menu calendar.

In early January I had prepared enough meals to cover my trip and an additional week and a half when I returned.  Just in case I was really tired or came home sick, I'd have meals for my family.  Once again, I am just pulling meals out of the freezer and adding a vegetable side dish.  I am so glad that I spent the time before to prepare these meals as it has been a great help to my travel recovery.

Last night was grilled salmon which I broiled for 15 minutes and served with a large spinach salad.  Those who don't eat salmon got Chili Cheese Dogs.  Both were easy fixes for a tired mom.  I can't take credit for the recipe as I simply bought a box of pre-seasoned salmon from Costco and followed the directions. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment