Monday, January 28, 2013

Best Ever Pork Roast!

I was not thrilled about the menu entry "Pork Roast and Steamed Veggies" when I saw it on the calendar.  Even though it was a calculated choice as my family steers away from red meat, pork is often dry when fully-cooked unless it's covered in bar-b-que sauce which is not diet-friendly.  However, this roast was amazing!

I started with a pork tenderloin from Costco which I had simply frozen on my OAM cooking day.  I put it in a small crock-pot (I have 3 different sizes) and sprinkled an entire package of dry onion soup mix over the roast.  I also added about a cup of water before putting on the lid.  That was it. 

When we sat down to dinner nearly 12 hours later, I was amazed by this roast.  It was tender, juicy and delicious.  No need for extra sauce.  No extra calories as the onion soup mix is zero points on Weight Watchers.  This is definitely a keeper!


2 comments: