Monday, April 22, 2013

Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies fueled the CSULB Stalkers to the Regional Competition

It is my tradition to send a tub of cookies with my Ultimate players to their games.  I know it's not healthy, but all their team mates look forward to it and after five years of cookies I can't stop now.

This last weekend my oldest son was playing in the Sectionals tournament.  Day one I sent my "regular" Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies.  One batch makes about 6 dozen.  It lasts one day.  Since there was a second day of games, I came home and made another batch of a different variety.


The Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies disappeared quickly and the team made the cut into the next level, Regionals.  It had to be the cookies which helped propel their success.  Hahaha.

Completely melt 2 cups of real butter.
Add 2 C white sugar
2 C brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs

Mix until smooth. Add the following:
6 C flour
1/2 C insweetened cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Check the base of the bowl and if the dough is still runny, add up to 1/2 C flour.

Then add 2 1/4 C peanut butter chips.
Drop by 1 oz. scoops (I use a #30 scoop) onto ungreased cookie sheets. 
Bake:
  • Conventional oven at 350 degrees F for 11 minutes one sheet at a time on the middle rack.
  • Convection oven at 325 degrees F for 10 minutes, up to 3 sheets at a time.
Cool for a few minutes on the sheets.  Then remove and cool on waxed or parchment paper until completely cool.  Store in an airtight container. 

No comments:

Post a Comment