Friday, November 2, 2012

Gravy

I tried something new last night when my son requested "good gravy" for the mashed potatoes.  Personally, the potatoes I made do not need a thing, other than a spoon to eat, but I indulged him.  Since I had marinated the beef in mesquite, I would not have the typical beef juices to create a gravy, and I wanted to save the drippings for au jus.

So, here's what I did.

Boil 2 cups of water in the microwave in a safe, glass bowl.
Add 3 tsp. of Beef Better than Boullion and disolve.

Take out about 3/4 of liquid and mix in about 1/3 C flour until smooth.
Slowly add this back into the boiling broth which should now be in a small saucepan over a low flame.  Stir quickly until all the flour mixture is absorbed.  Using a whisk will help to prevent clumps. 

It was quite nice.
"Good" Beef Gravy
 

1 comment:

  1. The photos add a nice touch to your blog. And you're such a great mom to indulge Scooter with the gravy. I agree, those potatoes sound fabulous and only need a spoon in order to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete