Thursday, May 9, 2013

Easy Wine Sauce for Chicken

I was scrolling through my Facebook news feed and someone posted how glad they are that's it's already Friday even though it is technically 6 hours away by the clock.  I was thinking how glad I am that I had a headstart on dinner by pulling something out of my freezer this morning.  I guess both of us are anxious for the next "thing" or maybe a moment to relax and catch up with the fervent pace of life.

Tonight I made a simple Wine Sauce for chicken which I served with a fresh pot of brown rice and steamed veggies.  Thanks to Margie Klimmick for sharing this idea oh so many years ago.  I love the flavor that the wine gives this dish and by reducing it in the pan, the alcohol burns off.

Earlier in the month I'd precooked about 6-8 chicken breasts with lemon pepper and then froze them.  They have defrosted all day.

In a large frying pan, melt one stick of real butter.  Add about 2/3 C white wine or sherry.  Cook until bubbly which is just a few minutes.  Add 1 can of cream of chicken soup and reduce to a simmer.  Stir with a whisk until smooth.  To this sauce add the chicken.  Simmer until chicken is warmed all the way through.





In a separate pot, prepare the rice.
Steam the veggies.

Wahlah!  Dinner is served.  Now we'll see if my guest likes it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment