Thursday, May 16, 2013

What Kind of Pasta, Mom?


Kid: "What's for dinner?"
Mom: "Pasta."
Kid: "What kind of pasta?"

Such a conversation is often a veil for their true thought of  "maybe I should eat somewhere else tonight."  So I had to answer carefully if I wanted their company.

Mom: "How about Tortellini with white sauce?"
Kid: "Can you add some red sauce and some cooked spinach just like at Campus by the Sea?"
Mom: "I can do that."
Kid:  "Okay.  When?"
Mom: "Now, I guess."

So into the kitchen I went.  I gathered the supplies: red sauce, spinach, and tortellini from the freezer and white sauce from the pantry. 

Red sauce - into the microwave for defrosting.
A pot of water onto the stove for tortellini and follow package directions.
After the red sauce, defrost and cook the spinach.
Warm the white sauce in a pan on the stove.

Once all the parts are ready serve up this colorful meal by placing a scoop of tortellini in shallow soup bowls.  Ladle white sauce over the pasta followed by a small spoonful of red sauce and top with cooked spinach.



Meanwhile, throw together a quick salad even make some garlic bread if desired.  A quick and tasty meal with great presentation!  And, a very happy kid who stayed home for dinner tonight.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment