Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Another In-between Week (or two)

With a busy summer of out-of-town guests, vacations, and mission trips, we are still eating the remains of my June OAM cooking.  I can tell that I was rushed in June because I simply froze some of the meats without any preparation.  It's forcing some creativity, but also allowing for some flexibility to try new recipes.  I made a quick little menu to last us until I can cook again, after one more trip.  :)

To do this, I took inventory of what was in the freezer and put together some menus with what was on hand.  Now this got a bit tricky as I'm planning what our family needs for this week's dinners, taking some meals to two families, and making sure there is food on hand for my son, the house-sitter.  I think I got it figured out, and then, (shh!) my daughter "stole" the  main ingredient for a dinner to make lunch with her cousin.  Oh well!  The bottom line was that the food get eaten and that it will!

Tonight I'll be trying a new recipe I found on Facebook - Crock-pot Orange Chicken which will use up some extra frozen chicken.  That is, if my crock-pot is empty by noon.  I have two cooking meats right now, and sure wish I had a third!

Keep it simple, but plan it out!  It really works!

No comments:

Post a Comment