Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Scampi in Honduras

What a month it has been!  Family visiting from far away and then a mission trip to Honduras have kept me busy cooking, but obviously not writing.  I am looking forward to sharing many of things I've done while on this "blog-vacation."

I'll start with a super simple scampi that I made in Honduras.  We had found a seafood sampler package in the fresh meat section at Price Mart (a Costco like store) in Honduras.  It contained shrimp, mussels, octopus, white fish, and imitation crab. I was told to discard the crab.  I combined the shrimp and white fish into one dish and the octopus and mussels into another.

Melt a generous amount of butter in a sauce pan.  Add a generous scoop of minced garlic.  After a short sauté, add the meat, stirring frequently so the butter and garlic do not burn.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  The meat is cooked when it becomes opaque, no longer translucent.  Repeat with next batch of seafood.  Enjoy!


My son loved the octopus best as the flavors were more intense from having used the same pan to cook the second batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment