Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Filling the Stomachs of Many Guests

This has been a crazy week.  Here I am trying to clean out our freezer in preparation for another round of Once-a-Month cooking and my kids are bringing guests over.  I've had to get creative in extending some meals and this one was a winner.

The menu was to be Potstickers, Teriyaki Chicken, and Rice, but then I needed more food, so I added a salad.  It was delicious!

4 heads of Romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
1-2 shredded carrots
a generous sprinkling of sesame seeds
1-2 bunches sliced green onions
2 packages Ramen noodles, uncooked, coarsely crushed
about 16 ounces of Sesame Dressing (Feast from the East at Costco)


If I'd had it on hand, I would have added sliced almonds and mandarin oranges, or even some shredded chicken.

Toss very well.  Serve cold.

We even had some leftovers which I enjoyed for lunch the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment