Friday, July 12, 2013

Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches

We returned home from a trip with an ice chest full of leftovers including some uncooked turkey burgers which needed to be cooked right away.   So on the grill they went. 

While the ice chest was full of "stuff" the refrigerator was not and so I scrounged around for something to go with the burgers.  There were no fresh veggies, but I did have some lunch meats and cheeses, and so the light bulb went off!

I placed slices of Swiss cheese on burgers until I ran out of that flavor.  Shredded Mexican cheese blend went on the others.  While the cheese was melting I put some thinly sliced ham on the griddle to warm and then moved it on top of the cheese.

Some had it served on hamburger buns and some on fresh corn-rye bread from the bakery.  Add some honey mustard or your other favorite mustard and you have a delicious dinner sandwich.  A fresh made sandwich with leftovers, but only you know that!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment