Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Chicken Tacos - A Quick Summer Fix

On my most recent once-a-month cooking day I prepared the chicken filling for these chicken tacos.  Here's what I did:

Place 4-5 large, frozen chicken breasts in a crock-pot. Generously sprinkle with taco seasoning and let simmer for about 6 hours.  Shred with two forks.  Stir well and serve as the filling for tacos, burritos or even make into enchiladas.

I froze the meat and pulled it out during a recent heat wave to serve for dinner because I could use the microwave to warm the meat.  It could even be warmed over a low heat in a saucepan on the stove.  Top the chicken with your favorite condiments: lettuce, tomatoes, onion, sour cream, salsa or taco sauce and enjoy a cool, easy dinner that can almost stand on it's own with all the food groups represented.  Or serve refried beans, Spanish rice or tortilla chips on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment