Friday, September 20, 2013

Cold Entree, Hot Side

Today marks one year of writing this blog about once a month cooking.  It's been an adventure, a challenge, and a lot of fun to do.  How appropriate that tomorrow I will prepare a month's worth of meals.  I got an early start tonight by making one of the "make fresh" meals for our dinner - Club Quesadillas.  They are super easy to make, unless you have to watch dietary concerns as I did tonight.  In that case, I had five plates laid out and a sticky note attached to each plate with the person's initial for whom I was making it.  I forgot to put a second tortilla on my hubby's!  Oops!  I covered the completed "sandwich" with a second plate and set them at the table.



Gather the following:
flour tortillas
provolone cheese, sliced
ham and turkey lunch meat
crumbled bacon
mayo
tomatoes, sliced
lettuce
red onion, thinly sliced (optional)

Lightly spread mayo on several tortillas, unless you have someone who doesn't care for mayo.  Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.  Place four slices of turkey lunchmeat over the bacon.  Then four slices of ham over the turkey.  Top this with 2 slices of cheeses cut in half and arranged to cover most of the meat.  Add the sliced tomatoes and lettuce and cover with a second tortilla.  Cut with a pizza cutter into 4 pieces.  I served mine with guacamole.



For a hot side, I sautéed green and
yellow squash with mushrooms.
Slice the squash and mushrooms. Put about 1 tsp. butter in a frying pan or you can use a spray such as Pam.  Add the veggies.  Sprinkle with Molly McButter and Mrs. Dash.  Stir frequently until squash slices are nearly translucent.

No comments:

Post a Comment