Monday, September 9, 2013

O Where, O Where did that Recipe Go?

Last fall I decided to update my Once-a-month cooking collection.  After all the notebook was falling apart and had become much too small for my 8 rotations.  I separated the rotations into 1/2 inch notebooks, made cute covers, and was quite pleased with the results.  But then I needed a recipe and I could not find it.  Which month was it in?  You see, I had not yet made a table of contents that cross-referenced the recipes with the rotations.

Come spring, I invested in a heavy duty 3-ring binder and put them back together in one notebook.  And, I typed up a new table of contents.  I put my recipes in page protectors and so I used my P-Touch label maker to make page numbers.  I have found that Sharpie pen does wear off, and I am enjoying the bright white behind the page number.  It's very easy to get around in my notebook.

One separate notebook that I did keep is that of my favorite side dishes.

Throughout the next 8 rotations, I'll be tweaking each menu and changing recipes; taking out those that we do not enjoy and replacing them with some new dishes.  I'll also update the shopping lists to reflect those changes.  For all of these tasks, I use Excel.


No comments:

Post a Comment